The West African Examination Council has stopped the correction on date of birth on certificate already issued to candidates.
This was made known in a tweet on the official twitter handle of WAEC Nigeria in a response to a request from prospecting candidate.
Read Tweet Below:
Here are 12 things to know about WASSCE certificates, how to protect your certificate, and steps to follow if yours gets lost or damaged:
1. The West African Senior School Certificates Examination certificates are issued only once.
2. In case of theft, fire, flood and others, as they concern WASSCE certificates, the examining body can consider the issuance of an attestation certificate.
3. Affected candidates must provide all the necessary proofs required to that effect.
4. One of the ways candidates or persons get their certificates destroyed is mostly in an attempt to laminate them.
11. Candidates can collect their certificates from WAEC Zonal and Branch offices in charge of the state where they sat for the examination.
12. WAEC does not accredit certificates from foreign institutions. Accreditation is carried out by the Federal Ministry of Education alone.
(Source: WAEC)Follow Us On Social Media