Intending candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2018 – Second Series arc hereby informed that the registration will be online. After obtaining the Registration PIN. candidates
should log onto www.waeconline.org.ng for registration. Candidates should also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
2. REGISTRATION PERIOD
The normal registration period is from Monday, May 14, 2018 to Friday, July 6, 2018.
3. Mode of Payment
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand. Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (13,900) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD: In addition, candidates will be required to pay five hundred naira (N500) commission to the banks accredited agents.
Candidates who wish to register for the examination after the close of entries may be accommodated as “Walk-in-Candidates” provided they register not less than twenty four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) they intend to write. The “Walk-in-
Candidates” fee is Twenty Five Thousand Naira (N25.000,00) only.
5. CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must clearly state their disabilities e.g blind, low vision, spastic. speech, etc.
6. COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION
Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects arc correct. They are also to print the
Admission Notice Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanners should be used for fingerprint registration.
7. GENERAL INFORMATION
(1) Candidates should view the Information ‘CD before they register for the examination.
(2) candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
(3) Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
(4) Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
(5) Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the Registration PIN.
(6) Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be
allowed in the examination halls.
(7) The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
(8) Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
(9) Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
(10) Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any Information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
(11) Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
(12) Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
OLU I.A. ADENIPEKUN
HEAD OF NATIONAL OFFICE
For Enquries, contact:
The Tests Administrator,
ASSURE Educational Services,
Broad Street, Lagos.